Monday, June 09, 2008

le commencement

I wanted to share with you the set up of the
designer booth at Goss Ave. Antiques & Interiors.
The Grand Opening is this weekend, so I have
this week left to finish. Think I'll make it?

The booth is 48 ft. long. The concept is to divide it into
three separate areas that flow together.
A French conservatory room in the center that opens
(by way of French chateau windows) to
a garden and a French Colonial Wine Tasting room
on the back side.
We are in the process of getting the larger items set.
In the Conservatory we are making a table from a piece of
concave iron fencing. We cut wood for the top, painted it
a light gray and are trimming the edge with tin molding.
The solid shutters sitting on the floor will frame the
zinc window frame that we added a mirror to.
I'm keeping with a light color scheme and using
architectural pieces.

Today we will hang more shutters, chandeliers, and I hope
to finish the walls.
I'll post photos later this week of my progress.
Wish me luck!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is looking BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to see it finished, wish I could see it in person. You do such great work, thanks so much for sharing, and have a great week!
Debbie from homewithhospitality@yahoo.com

...med tiden som hjälp-Linda said...

So wonderful... I can't find anything else to say... I think I must pack my suitcase and visit you..!//Linda ;0)

Dona said...

Good luck! It is all so beautiful.
Only good things will come from such lovely things.

Dona

Mélanie said...

wonderful! I love to see the process !
I'm doing the same right now to set up my summer's decoration in the show room !

MARIA said...

Many thanks for the html tip!

The atmosphere is just the one! It looks fantastic. Good luck and I wish I could be in the neighborhood.
Maria

Decor To Adore said...

You are beyond talented. Best of luck to you.

Teal Chic said...

I love your beautiful blog!!!!! Can't wait to come back and check more out :)